Age of innocents

Saturday, June 19, 2010

~Me at Age 5~
"Remember when you were 5 and anything was possible??"


I sure do!
At the age of five, I wanted to be everything under the sun. The most famous story my mother tells is that for the longest time I aspired to be a fire engine...not a truck... an engine. Then there was the Christmas I campaigned to get turn tables because I was certain that I wanted to be a world class DJ. This was followed by an ice skater, teacher, choreographer, back ground singer, hair dresser, soap opera star and most importantly a fashion designer.

I was lucky enough to have a mother that allowed me to explore all of my options and through out all of those mental career changes she always made me feel like I stood a chance. More importantly I knew that I could make it at any of these things if I put my mind to it.
Sitting in my nieces kindergarten graduation and later a friend's college graduation, I couldn't help but wonder how many people actually live out the dreams they had when they were 5? Can I say that I am living out my dreams or were they just pipe dreams?
This blog is a part of my dream. I know that with my faith as well as my friends and family I am that much closer to reaching my "possible". I want to thank those of you who follow this blog on blogspot or twitter and for making this dream real and enjoyable.
I hope that those of you that are graduating and moving into new chapters of your lives can look back at some point and say that you too have reached your goals. No matter what your interests are make sure that you pursue them with passion. From one college graduate to another make sure that you do your dreams justice and ALWAYS keep a good clean pair of shoes even if you only have one ( what did you expect? this IS a fashion blog after all!). Congrats to the class of 2010!

1 comments: