Hopeless romantic

Monday, June 21, 2010

I am without a doubt the worlds biggest hopeless romantic. Like most girls I feel like I should be treated like a queen and I have no problem treating a deserving man like a king and as a matter of fact I look forward to it. There is nothing better than being in a relationship with someone that makes you feel appreciated and that adds to your life rather than take away. I've always been the dreamy eyed girl that wants to be wooed but the strange thing about me is that I am not a fan of weddings. I think they are fussy and made out to be more important than the actual marriage itself.



In late May I started reading the Nicholas Sparks book, The Wedding and I fell in love. Not with weddings but I guess I just started to see that they aren't all horrible and every wedding day doesn't have to be like on Bridezillas. The book discusses a man that has spent his entire life doing what he was suppose to, providing a roof over his families head and being faithful but in the course of his life he forgot to do those little things that matter in a relationship. He beings to realize this and starts to change and appreciate his wife and his family more than ever and actually starts living. I know, gag me with a spoon right?? Well as I get older and relationships become more serious, stories like these start to make sense. You would think that its easy to show someone that you love them but sometimes life gets in the way and its not so simple.



Here is a passage from the book:



"I once made a vow to you on the steps outside the courthouse, and as your husband of thirty years, it's time I finally made another: From this point on, I will become the man I always should have been. I'll become a more romantic husband, and make the most of the years we have left together. And in each precious moment, my hope is that I'll do or say something that lets you know that I could never have cherished another as much as I've always cherished you."


I finished the book this morning so I'm still feeling all lovey dovey so I was inspired to find 2 things about weddings with two important aspects: 1. They don't make me gag 2. Simplicity.


Dress can be found at David's Bridal


I love this combination of manzanita branches and roses.






1 comments:

  1. Great example of a wedding with no fuss (at least on TV lol) was the marriage of Miranda Hobbs on Sex and the City! Very simple, small group of friends and family while wearing a non traditional but stylish dress. It all took place in a small community garden and the reception was held at a chic bar probably around the corner! NO FUSS I loved it : )

    ReplyDelete