Don't make me over

Monday, July 26, 2010

So I am going to take a more serious note on today's post because the subject is something that is near and dear to my heart. I recently came across the photographs of Crystal Renn in the Fashion for Passion campaign and much like everyone else I thought "What the hell??"


Some how the model who has openly spoken about battling an eating disorde and over exercising has been taken from this very healthy size to the shocking image to the right.

Although weight is something that most people try not to discuss I feel like Crystal is a normal size. Given the journey that she has taken to get to a healthy place it seems a little sad to reduce her size when she's already thin. The more that we give the image of "thin is beautiful" the more that average size girls are going to feel like they are too big. I applaud Crystal for speaking out and telling everyone that she was unhappy with the images. Don't get me wrong, the pictures and the photographer is amazing but it's time to let the "thin is in" image go. With that said I'm not an advocate for being overweight either but I do feel like we need to move towards being confident and loving our natural selves. Most of all that we should be HEALTHY and strive to maintain health and not worry so much about a clothing size.

Fashion is fun and Fashion for Passion is a great organization but sometimes there are underlying issues that should be addressed. I hope that those of you that read this blog feel like you are beautiful and can look in the mirror and find things that you love about yourself. Have a fabulous and beautiful day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment