Hearts wide open.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to the month of L-O-V-E! For some it may seem daunting and for others it may be the best day in your relationship. For this blog it means two weeks straight of blog lovin! Rest assured that we are impartial here, no matter if you are married, single, dating, or on hiatus I will have something for you.


I wanted to start the month with something super simple but that backfired and I spent a month trying to find the answer to the question “what is love?” How do we know that we’ve found it, lost it, don’t want it, or need it? I was baffled and to be honest I still am. Being the studious person that I am, I looked to dictionary.com and I found a bland unfulfilling answer. “A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection as for a parent, child, or friend.” But for me, this wasn’t enough. I’ve been in love or so I think and this definition doesn’t begin to describe it. I went to the Bible and it says, “Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”


This is the answer that I was looking for. I noticed that it didn’t distinguish between familial love or romantic love or love for everyone in general. If we are suppose to love everyone and February is the month of love, then Valentines day should be for everyone and not just those in relationships. Believe me, I’m no love expert but I do know that allowing love into our lives makes us much better people. So I challenge you all to love something or someone the best that you can and this month don’t focus on what you lack but on what you can give, romantic or not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment