Fabulous Girl's Guide to: The Perfect Thanksgiving playlist
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Well it's time for my holiday music list! There is nothing like a great play list to set the mood for a perfect day with family and friends. If your family is anything like mine you know that everyone has their own style of music they prefer so its always a good idea to have a diverse soundtrack that everyone will love! Here are a few tips to making sure everyone has someone thing they will enjoy
1. Try your best to get people to RSVP so you know who's coming ahead of time.
2. If you are sending out invites ask guest to send one song they like via email, text, dove...etc.
3. For family gatherings think of songs that you listened to as a family in the past...this can be an icebreaker and it will put people in a good mood
4. Choose one song from a variety of music genres...MOST people don't like all rap or all alternative
5. Choose music that doesn't have offensive language especially if you are having family or young children in the room (no one wants to listen to "Dance" by Big Sean while passing the turkey)
6. All songs don't have to be directly related to the holiday.
7. It might be a wise idea to have separate list for different times during the day. For example: cooking music, dinner music, party music (my family gatherings usually turn into dance parties!)
8. Relax!! Have fun and choose music that show you want to have a good time!
1. Be Thankful - Natalie Cole
2. John Legend - Save Room
3. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
4. Robyn - Indestructible
5. Thank you - Dido
6. Lykke Li- I follow Rivers
7. A Fine Frenzy- You Picked Me
8. Adele - Set Fire to the rain
9. The way you make me feel - Michael Jackson
10. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 (my whole family loves this song)
11. God Gave me you - Blake Shelton
Posted by Loretta Vandivier at 1:16 PM