Time needed: 1 hour
Desired nail polish (you can use as many colors as you want)
Fingernail polish remover
Small bowl 2 to 3 inches of water (the cooler the better)
Tooth pick or orange stick
Cotton balls / cotton swabs
1. Clean nails with finger nail polish remover. I used Butter London's Nail Foundation before I began to paint my nails. I use this with every manicure to protect my nails.
2. Paint your nails with a base color of your choice and let it completely dry. Tape around the top of your fingers leaving only the nail exposed. (Its really hard to take a pic with your fingers taped)
3. Fill small bowl with two or three inches of cool water. If you use warm or hot water your nail polish will dry on top of the water immediately. (Don't use a Styrofoam cup...apparently nail polish eats through Styrofoam. Learned that the hard way!)
4. Let small amounts of polish drip into the water.
5. Take a tooth pick or orange stick and make a design and with the polish
6. Gently place your nail in the water where your design is and let it dry.
7. Apply a topcoat and let it dry. Take fingernail polish remover and remove any polish that may have gotten onto your fingers. This is a very messy project! (the picture on the left is the finished project!)