DIY: Envelope clutch

Sunday, May 13, 2012

 I have been searching high and low for a reasonably priced over sized envelope clutch. After months of searching I decided to take matters into my own hands and this was probably the best decision I've made! Here is my tutorail on how to make your own envelope clutch.

My Inspiration: Tory Burch envelope clutch, $325
Supplies needed:
- Poster board
- Vinyl or faux leather
- Heavy thread
- Chalk
- Button
- Blade / Exacto knife
- Needle
- Ruler
- Scissors

Total time:
45 minutes

Total cost:
$10.58



Directions:

Step 1: Make template on poster paper and cut out.

Step 2: Trace template onto fabric using chalk. I used brown textured faux leather which I found at Joann's fabric.

Step 3: Using chalk or a tailor pencil, make dotted lines to show where the folds will be.


Step 4: Fold and stitch.


Step 5: Place a neat stitch along the top of the bag (this is optional...I like the way it looks)

Step 6: Using the exacto knife or blade make a slit where a button can be placed.
Step 7: Sew on button using heavy thread.

Step 7: Wear clutch out and enjoy all of your compliments! Enjoy!



::Follow me::
Instagram: LorettaArnnette
Twitter: @Lorettathegreat
Like us on facebook: Findmefabulous









0 comments:

Post a Comment