Things my mother taught me

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. – Abraham Lincoln

I have been blessed to have a great mom who always let me be myself and grow into the person I am now. Much like most of you, I spent most of my teens ignoring my mom and being certain that she was insane. Now her advice and supportive words actually make sense and have guided me through very challenging times. I love my mom and wouldn't trade her for the world. Here are a few pieces of advice that she has given me along the way. enjoy!

1. To love anyway
2. Always wear clean underwear
3. Nothing comes to a sleeper but a dream
4. The continent song..."North America, South America..."(I still have to sing it from time to time)
5. Everyone doesn't need to know everything. A girl should have her secrets.
6. Prayer changes things
7. Women should know how to make at least one meal extremely well
8. Never date a man who doesn't have a car, a job, and a good suit
9. Hard times are only a transition from one place to another
10. Everyone should have a pair of black, brown, and white shoes
11. Only people with dirty feet appreciate a door mat


Happy Mother's day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment