Summer beauty essentials

Wednesday, June 27, 2012



1. Sea Salt


I mix a few teaspoons of sea salt with my toner and spray my face in the morning to keep my skin fresh. I also use it as an exfoliator once a week. Sea salt helps to clear acne but can leave your skin extremely dry so be sure to moisturize after!




2. Tinted Moisturizer
I live 20 mintues from the desert so the summer can get pretty brutal. During summer months I switch from wearing foundation to a tinted moisturizer that gives a natural glow. I use Smashbox's sheer focus because it's very light and natural. I also use concealer underneath to add extra coverage. Similar moisturizer can be found here and here

3. Deep Conditioner
If you swim a lot or spend time in the sun, deep conditioning your hair once or twice a month can make a huge difference. I mix this deep conditioner with Aragan oil and leave it on my hair for 45 minutes every two weeks and it keeps my hair soft and managable (I have really thick hair so these two qualities are very important lol)

4. Fun nail polish


There is no better way to finish off your outfit than an amazing nail polish. Summer is the time to break out your bright colors and have fun! Cheeky Chops by Butter London is a great color to add to your collection.

5. Sunblock or sunscreen

Regardless of your skin tone or ethnicity, everyone should wear sunblock if you spend time outside. If you plan on being outside for more than 20 minutes it's best to use a sunscreen.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment