Things my father taught me

Sunday, June 17, 2012

“My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” - Clarence B. Kelland


My fondest memory of my dad is him helping me with my homework as a kid. I would ask him for help with a math problem and he would sit there until he figured it out. The annoying part was that he never gave me the answer but he showed me how to figure it out for myself. My dad taught me and my sisters to be strong people and to know what we stand for. He taught me to be proud of myself even when people aren't singing my praises.

With the help of my dad, I know who I am. Even though he's not in my life now, he was a major influence on my life. Here are a few things I've learned from him. Enjoy!

1. To stand my ground

2. How to tie a tie

3. What it means to be loved properly

4. I can be whatever I set my sights on being...good or bad...

5. No matter how many mistakes I make, its up to me to redeem myself

Please feel free to share things you've learned from your dads! I'd love to hear!



0 comments:

Post a Comment