Fabulous Girl's Guide to the: DIY Pearl Bib Necklace

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


I’ve been dying over bib necklaces for a while but I wasn’t exactly sure how to wear them. After seeing them in tons of magazines I decided to take the plunge and make my own and I was extremely surprised. Remember the necklace from this post? Here is my tutorial on how to make a pearl bib necklace! Enjoy!

Supplies:
- 1 piece of 81/2 x 11 felt (color of your choice)
- At least 2 yards of strung pearls
- 1 sheet of blank paper
-Hole puncher
- 1 foot of ribbon
- Pen or pencil
-Scissors
-Heavy duty glue or craft glue
 
 
 
 1. Create a pattern for your necklace on a blank sheet of paper.  
 
 
 2. Cut out pattern and place on felt. Be sure to flip one of the pieces of the collar so they mirror each other.
 
 
 3. Trace pattern onto felt with a marker or chalk.
 
 
4. Cut out felt into the shape of the necklace.


 5. Use hold puncher to create two holes at the top of necklace. This is where the ribbon will be strung though!
 
 
 
 
 
 6. Use Craft glue or heavy duty glue to attach beads. (I accidentally cut my strand of pearls so I had to individually place each bead)
 
 
7. Let it dry and place ribbon through the top holes and prepare to enjoy all of your compliments! (The glue will be invisible once it dries!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment