Fabulous Girl's guide to: DIY Merry Christmas Garland

Saturday, December 21, 2013


It is no secret that I am overly festive when it comes to the holiday season. I love to come home feeling like I am in a Christmas wonderland and I am always looking for new DIY projects to personalize my decorations. Last week I came across this amazing tutorial from Lauren Conrad for a glitter garland and decided to give it a try! Here is how to make your own glitter garland to add some sparkle to your holiday season!

What you'll need:
  • Poster board
  • Glitter
  • Twine or fishing line
  • Glue or spray adhesive
  • X-ACTO Knife
  • Scissors
  • Masking tape
 
 
 
Instructions:
  1. Using a ruler, draw or trace your letters onto the posterboard. Make sure that all of your letters are the same size (I used a template to make sure that all of my letters were similar.)
  2. Cut your letters using the X-ACTO knife. Scissors work great as well!
  3. Spread glue or spray adhesive on your letters and sprinkle with glitter. This is the best step and the messy step so do this outside or with a ton of newspaper!
  4. String your letters together with twine or fishing line and tape the string to the back of the letters.
  5. Hang the letters and prepare to be complimented!
Are you going to try this DIY glitter garland? Share your photos with me on Instagram!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment