It is no secret that I am overly festive when it comes to the holiday season. I love to come home feeling like I am in a Christmas wonderland and I am always looking for new DIY projects to personalize my decorations. Last week I came across this amazing tutorial from Lauren Conrad for a glitter garland and decided to give it a try! Here is how to make your own glitter garland to add some sparkle to your holiday season!
What you'll need:
- Poster board
- Twine or fishing line
- Glue or spray adhesive
- X-ACTO Knife
- Masking tape
- Using a ruler, draw or trace your letters onto the posterboard. Make sure that all of your letters are the same size (I used a template to make sure that all of my letters were similar.)
- Cut your letters using the X-ACTO knife. Scissors work great as well!
- Spread glue or spray adhesive on your letters and sprinkle with glitter. This is the best step and the messy step so do this outside or with a ton of newspaper!
- String your letters together with twine or fishing line and tape the string to the back of the letters.
- Hang the letters and prepare to be complimented!
Are you going to try this DIY glitter garland? Share your photos with me on Instagram!