Friday, September 5, 2014
Top to Bottom (left to right): Albenny Top, $48. Fabienne Top, $66. Cutout Bra, $48. Sandie Tote, $28. Eara Short, $42. Saleena Crop Pant, $64. Odonna Bra, $42.
Now that school is back in full force it is hard to find the time to squeeze in workout sessions. Before you get into the habit of work, school, homework, prepare for work, repeat here are a few tips on how to make sure that you work up a sweat and look great while doing it!
1. Schedule your workouts - Sit down at the start of your week and pick out a time each day when you will work out. It should be something you can commit to (3 days a week or every day for 30 minutes) so that you don't set unrealistic standards. Having scheduled workouts makes getting physical a priority and makes backing out a lot harder.
2. Workout with a pal - This is my plan of action. I work out with my coworker during our lunch breaks and it is the best. We get to laugh and encourage each other and it brings in the factor of being accountable.
3. Find clothes that make you want to workout - There are days when I'm lagging and I really would rather eat fast food and read magazines on my lunch break but I know at the end of the day I'll regret it. Those are the days when I go to work in my workout clothes. Beware...I'm a copywriter with my own cubicle and my job luckily does not have a dress code whatsoever. This is where it is important to have workout clothes that can be worn for everyday purposes like going to work or running errands.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
It's that time of year again! A time for a fresh start and brand new wardrobe - Back-To-School!
Now that the unofficial day of summer is a thing of the past its time to buckle down and focus on school! No matter what age you are, the start of the school year is a time to start fresh and but your best foot forward. Here are a few items that will make the transition from summer to fall easy breezy!
Left to right (Top to bottom): , Republic of Pigtails, $24. GirlsButton Down Shirt, Target. Neon Landscape Notebook, Brika. Fine Day Press NotebookSet, $17. Ollie Honest Legging, $32. Brika Polka Dot Backpack, $45. Baby G Casio Watch, $140.
Left to right (Top to bottom): Valentine Goods MacBookLeopard Print, Brika. Titika Flash Dance Top, Titika. Nixon Stylus Headphones, $150. Black Leather Backpack, Dr. Martens. 1981 High Rise Jeans, Guess. Shana Frase Lips Case, Brika. Titka Sweat Pant, Titika. MaikaTote, $48.
Titika Chelsea Sweater, Titika. Double Strap Fit N’ FlareDress, Guess. Wind and Water Tote, Brika. Boot Cut Jean, Guess. Valentine GoodsiPad Case, Brika. Dari Boot, Guess. Gold Michael Kors Watch, WATCH IT!
If you are nervous on your first day here are a few tips on how to shake the jitters and shine like a diamond!
1. Understand that everyone is nervous too! It’s easy to think that you are the only person who feels uncomfortable on the first day of school but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Everyone is trying to find out where they will fit in and make their mark so chill out and take it easy on yourself.
2. Be Yourself – This is super cliché advice but it’s the truth. I am the queen of making awkward jokes when I get nervous and I spin into the cycle of being more uncomfortable because I’m uncomfortable. I always have to remind myself that I’m fine in my own skin and if people like me that’s great but if they don’t (and some won’t) I’ll be fine.
3. Get Involved – If you are worried about making friends or amping up your applications for college or grad school getting involved is the perfect way to pave your way. Find groups and events to lend your time to and you’ll find plenty of friends and people who are interested in the same things you are. Schools and jobs are interested in people that are proactive and want to be involved so get involved and prove that you are talented beyond acing all of your classes (because you will of course!).
What is your favorite back to school essential item?