Palm Spring is just down the freeway and there are great hotels to stay at and plenty of things to do after the festival.
Here is a list of my top 5 favorite things to do in Palm Springs:
1. Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – This 10 minute tram ride shows people the beauty and the rugged mountains that surround Palm Springs. http://www.pstramway.com/index.html
2. Plate/Glass – This dessert bar is formally know as Crave and is an after desert bar flourless. It has the perfect vibe to talk with friends and share dessert and a glass of wine! http://plate-glass.com/
3. Painted Canyon – Located in Mecca, CA this place is great for sight-seeing or hiking. The rocks have a variety of colors and there are ladders placed to help hikers climb through caves and over the tough spots.
4. Palm Springs Art Museum – I’m obsessed with going to museums when I visit places ( I use to want to be an art history teacher). The Palm Springs museum features modern art, photography, and architecture. http://www.psmuseum.org/
5. El Paseo – Deemed the Rodeo Drive of the Desert, El Paseo is the home to stores like Kate Spade New York, Anthropologie, Escada, and J. Crew. This is a great place to have lunch with friends and do a little retail therapy while hanging out in the desert.
What are your favorite things to do in Palm Spring?