A legendary Hollywood glam squad guru, Deborah Lippmann worked with one of this year’s most glamorous ladies at The Emmy Awards, Tatiana Maslany, where she opted for a clean, sophisticated nail that accented Maslany’s modern look. Lippmann states, “Tatiana’s look tonight was utter modern sophistication with a stunning red dress that featured sharp lines by Alexander Wang. Her soft messy chignon was complemented by natural makeup and a slight shimmery eye. To keep this clean elegance, I used my most popular red carpet nude – Naked. She is an incredibly talented actress that I have admired with her profoundly intelligent role of multiple characters in Orphan Black.”
To Create the nail look
- Deborah prepped the nails using her signature 5-step manicure technique: First, she cleansed the nails with The Stripper nail lacquer remover ($19), shaped the nails with her Smooth Operator 4-way nail buffer ($12), exfoliate with the Cuticle Remover ($20, and hydrate the hand and nails with Rich Girl SPF 25 Hand Cream ($28) and The Cure ($24), respectively.
- Deborah applied a layer of Gel Lab Base Coat ($45).
- Next, she applied layers (both to fingers and toes) of a clean bare beige, Naked, a perfect complement to Tatiana’s vibrant red gown.
- She topped off the look with a layer of Gel Lap Top Coat ($45)
- After allowing the nails to dry one minute, she applied a drop of the NEW quick dry drops, The Wait is Over ($20)
- You can purchase these products at deborahlippmann.com, Sephora, Nordstrom, Barneys New York, Bloomingdale’s, and Neiman Marcus.
What was your favorite nail look at the Emmy Awards?